WHO WE ARE
Who are we?
Syrian Youth Assembly
It is a non-political, non-governmental youth organization that works with civil society in as non-profit. Registered in Germany , it was founded by a group of Syrian youth during the World Humanitarian Summit in 2016.
The Assembly aims to achieve effective and sustainable development in the community through qualified cadres and effective partnerships working to implement a number of programs and projects professionally based on systems of transparency and integrity in both social, economic and cultural aspects.
The Assembly empowers young people and builds their capacity to participate in the social peace process in Syria, in addition to giving them the opportunity to train themselves and expand their perceptions through online virtual learning to support their opportunities in the labor market.
The Assembly specializes in working with Syrian youth in Syria and all countries of the world between the age group (18-35 years). The assembly works entirely electronically, and the work within the assembly is voluntary.
the Assembly Is an organization accredited by the International Youthl Federation / Accreditation Number: 1200, the Assembly is a member of the The United Network of Young Peacebuilders based in The Hague Netherlands, and member of the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth based in New York.
The Assembly is particularly interested in the following topics:
- Include the voices of young people in the peace process and emphasize their active role in building peace, ensuring the rights of youth within peace agreements and ensuring the ability of Syrian youth to participate and communicate their voice on the post-war future of Syria.
- Provide education, development and scholarship opportunities for Syrian youth through partnerships with international educational institutions.
- Providing awareness, development and training in the fields of peace building and awareness on citizenship and human rights issues.
- Prepare reports on the situation of youth, challenges faced by youth and the role of youth in peacebuilding.
- Supporting Syrian youth to integrate into the international community and actively involve them in the international community to gain more experience and awareness in the work of governments and international organizations and to recognize the real role of youth within their communities in Syria.
- Organize campaigns that support peace, build peace, promote coexistence and citizenship, and promote peace concepts.
- Support and protect girls and children and raise awareness of the challenges facing children and girls.
- Supporting young refugees and delivering success stories.
- Support the systematic integration of partnership and partnership with Syrian youth in all phases of humanitarian action.
- Identify, strengthen and empower Syrian youth to be effective humanitarian actors in prevention, preparedness and response and empower and support local youth-led initiatives.
- Contribute to the empowerment of young people economically, socially and culturally by integrating them into community work and raise their skills and abilities.
- Contribute to achieving sustainable development in the community through a range of programs and projects and in partnership with civil society organizations and the private sector.
What is our goal?
The Assembly aims to organize and mobilize the Syrian youth, develop their skills and secure their basic needs of education, work and development in order to influence and participate in the Syrian peace process in the short term and mobilize support for peace and rebuilding Syria in the long term.
The gathering aims at building and developing the capacities of Syrian youth on the social, economic and cultural levels, empowering young people and providing them with opportunities and involving them in the international community's activities such as conferences and training courses.
Give young people the opportunity to train themselves and expand their perceptions through online virtual learning to support their opportunities in the labor market.
As such, the initiative is entirely youth-led (18-35 years) where we engage youth in Syrian peace talks. In this regard, the Syrian Youth Assembly operates under Security Council resolution 2250 and 2419 on youth, peace and security, which encourages youth participation in peace processes.In this regard, we support the involvement of youth in the Syrian peace talks, where the Syrian youth group is a member of the civil society room.
- Freedom, Pluralism and Democracy:
- Integrity and Transparency:
- Creativity and Innovation:
- Commitment and Responsibility:
- Youth Leadership:
the Assembly believes in the importance of sustainability and its programs and projects.
We believe in the right of everyone to freedom of thought and belief.
We strive in the organization to maintain ethical standards.
We encourage innovation and creativity both in the way we work and our projects.
We are constantly working to deliver on our promises and achieve the goals of the organization to the fullest.
We enable the active participation of young people at all levels.
We work equally with all categories of Syrian youth, and promote their rights equally without radicalizing any religion, affiliation or belief.
We believe and strengthen youth leadership and role in decision-making centers, and strive to create tomorrow's leaders for a better future.
The Syrian Youth Assembly is open to all Syrian youth regardless of their ideas, religions, beliefs and political affiliation. It works to unite Syrian youth from all walks of life.
Syrian Youth Assembly is certified by: